Learn about the real-world importance of a credit score and how you can increase it as a student. We are also giving away Amazon gift cards for a couple of lucky attendees
Note: As this role will operate on-campus, the Seneca COVID-19 Return to Campus Guide shall be adhered to at all times. This is subject to change according to the college guidelines.
- Hosting in-person and online events, including emceeing events
- Report on events (costs, attendees, etc.)
- Communicate with internal and external clients
- Coordinate all events and campaigns with direction from the Operations Managers
- Ensure that all logistics for public events are being handled, including online platform set up, checklists, audio/vision requirements, etc.)
- Collaborate on events, workshops and resources where possible with external vendors and other Seneca Services
- Meet regularly with Operations Managers to review the budget
- Develop and maintain contacts with relevant organizations/ departments/ services/ programs/etc. on and off-campus
- Maintain an updated and tentative schedule of on-campus events and collaborate wherever possible to cross-promote while cooperating with other stakeholders
- Work with Marketing Team to ensure posters and banners are made/distributed/posted
- Update all internal communications (Outlook, emails, etc.)
- Adhere to SSF and Seneca College Policies, Seneca College Code of Conduct
- Adhering to event safety standards
- Ensure excellent levels of customer service
- Dispense helpful information to attendees
- Must be flexible to work all hours of the days and weekends
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanour
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy levels
- Public Speaking
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under stressful situations
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Conflict management skill
- Familiarity with online platforms (Zoom, Webex, Teams)
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge
- Vaccinations are a condition for students, employees and others on official Seneca business to come on campus during the Summer 2022 semester.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time Seneca College program
- Must reside in Ontario
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Must have an account with a Canadian bank
Through the work experience gained in this role, by the end of their term, the Event Staff will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of cultural and experiential differences on organizational objectives, operations, and practices.
- Develop strategies to build positive personal and professional, group and network relationships.
- Analyze issues, risks, and limitations, and collaborate with diverse groups and interests to reach consensus and create opportunities.
- Understand the importance of supporting integrative diversity, inclusive groups and effective communication from an operational and manager’s perspective.
- Develop proficiency in understanding and implementing effective strategies in communication, management, negotiation, and operations.
Essential Employability Skills
- Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures transparent, effective, and timely communication.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
- Interact with others in groups or teams to support effective coordination and contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
- Take responsibility for one’s actions, decisions, and consequences.
Deadline to apply for this position is April 25 at 5pm
Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.