Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Promotions Assistant’s key responsibility is to execute marketing plans ( SSF events, activities, contests, etc) for the semester and ensuring the department's strategy and goals are met within the set deadlines.
- Brainstorming and implementing new and creative ideas to create awareness and engage students with all SSF initiatives
- Promoting SSF events, services and programs within the Seneca community
- Encouraging student involvement in SSF events and activities via social media
- Planning and scheduling promotions material (social media posts) in a timely and effective manner
- Uses social media monitoring tools to monitor and report on weekly, monthly, annual, and campaign-specific metrics as required by the Manager, Marketing and Communications
- Stays abreast of new social media initiatives and channels and makes recommendations to the Manager if new approaches are needed
- Conducting student surveys and measuring results
- Producing and editing content for website, presidential speeches, presentations, social media platforms
- Ensuring brand guidelines are upheld, and aligned with strategic vision of the SSF
- Compiling and refining PowerPoint presentations
- Regularly update shared marketing calendar with upcoming campaigns, events, webinars and other activities on MS Teams
- Other duties as required.
- Well versed in Microsoft office suite, Canva Pro, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics
- Proven track record in developing content strategy and producing impactful content (blog, social media, video, PR/editorial, events) that drives results
- Comfortable presenting ideas to stakeholders.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time Seneca College program
- Must reside in Ontario
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Must have an account with a Canadian bank
Essential Employability Skills
- Develop strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Utilize problem-solving skills and come up with solutions that support the organizational vision
- Gain superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Learn to write content, work with the different stakeholders, research and develop strategic communications programs
- Hone digital communications skills and work in teams
- Mentored by highly experienced team members and learn how to effectively pursue a career in the communications industry
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems
- Interact with others in groups or teams to support effective coordination and contribute to effective working relationships and goals
- Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects
- Take responsibility for one's actions, decisions, and consequences.
Deadline to apply for this position is November 28, 2023 at 5pm
Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.