Message of Strength and Solidarity from the Seneca Student Federation
• The Seneca Student Federation would like to express, that we stand in solidarity with equity and anti-racism. It matters today, tomorrow and every day after that.
• To the students we serve…We see you, we hear you, and we are with you in the fight for justice. None of us are free until all of us are free. No black, brown, indigenous life should have to continuously justify why their lives matter.
• We denounce any form of violence against any community. We recognize and acknowledge systemic injustice and racism.
• We, the SSF, will continue to advocate, support and administer the rights of all student communities regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, marital status, family status, record of offenses, mental or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or union membership of the individual.
• Our world is changing and we must change with it. We can start by applying anti-racism into our daily lives. Speak up when you see it happening and encourage others to do the same.
• Let’s work together to end the dehumanization of people of colour and promote equitable and humane treatments for all.
• As always, the SSF remains committed to serving our students and creating a safe and inclusive space for all.
• As members of this diverse Seneca community, we ask that you join us in this commitment. Speak your truth, seek more information if you don’t completely understand, and if you are in need of specific services, reach out to us and we can help you find those resources.
• Last but not least…We honourr the names of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Regis Korchinski-Paguet, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland, Alton Sterling, and Tamir Rice. Don’t forget their names and don’t forget there are more who haven’t received the justice they deserve.
• We are the Seneca Student Federation and we commit to these messages. If you are a student in need, the SSF and Seneca College offers many support systems to help you navigate these difficult times. Stay safe and stay positive!
Seneca Student Federation